ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Sealed bids will be received by the Water Works Board of the City of Auburn, Alabama (AWWB) until 2:00 p.m. local time, on Thursday, January 9, 2020, in the
Office of the City Manager, 144 Tichenor Avenue, Auburn, Alabama, and then publicly opened and read for furnishing all labor, materials and equipment
necessary for the completion of the following project:
Well No. 4 Water Transmission Main Project
The work will consist principally of:
1. Approximately 24,000 linear feet of Ductile Iron Water Transmission Main
2. Ductile Iron Fittings and Appurtenances
3. Multiple Auger Bored Roadway Crossings
4. Horizontal Directional Drilled Creek Crossing Utilizing HDPE Pipe
5. Combination Air Release Valve and Blow-Off Assemblies
6. Specialized Clearing of Natural Areas
7. Pavement Patching, Overlay, and Restoration
8. Erosion and Sediment Control and Best Management Practices (BMPs)
A mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. at the Bailey-Alexander Complex, 1501 West Samford Avenue, Auburn, AL
Bidding documents are open to public inspection, free of charge, in the Bailey-Alexander Water and Sewer Complex, 1501 West Samford Avenue, Auburn, AL or at
Engineer’s office, Jacobs Engineering, 4121 Carmichael Road, Suite 400, Montgomery, AL 36106. The following plan room services have received sets of Bidding
Documents for the Work contemplated: the McGraw Hill Plan Rooms in Montgomery, AL, Birmingham, AL and Marietta, GA as well as ConstructConnect in
Cincinnati, OH. Electronic copies of bidding documents may be obtained upon request by email to Matthew.McDougald@Jacobs.com. It is the responsibility of the
bidder to print hard copies of the documents. No partial sets, individual pages, or drawing sheets will be provided. Please contact Matt McDougald at 334.215.9034
for information on obtaining these plans.
Guarantee will be required with each bid in the amount of at least five percent (not to exceed $10,000) of the amount bid in the form of a certified or cashier's check
or bid bond payable to the Water Works Board of the City of Auburn, Alabama.
All bidders are required to be compliant with the Beason-Hammon Alabama Taxpayer and Citizen Protection Act, Act No. 2011-535 (Code of Alabama (1975) § 31-13-
9) as amended May 16, 2012 regarding employment practices. Documentation of enrollment in E-Verify should be included with the bid and will be required as a
condition for the award of any contract.
Your attention in particular is invited to the "Instructions to Bidders", which is to be followed in all respects. The AWWB reserves the right to select the lowest
responsible bidder as is in the best interest of the AWWB, to award the purchase contract from any of the bids, to reject any and all bids, and to waive any
informalities in bids received. Bids will be good for sixty (60) days after being opened by the City of Auburn, Alabama.
December 5, 2019