The City of Auburn, Alabama, will receive sealed bids until 10:00 AM, local time, on Thursday, November 14, 2019, in the Office of the City Manager, 144
Tichenor Avenue, Auburn, Alabama,
and then publicly opened and read for furnishing all labor, materials and equipment necessary for the complete construction of the following project:
H.C. MORGAN WATER POLLUTION CONTROL FACILITY CLARIFIER
AND MISCELLANEOUS IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
• The Project consists of the following major components:Construction of a new Secondary clarifier (designated as Clarifier No. 4).
• Construction of a Return Activated Sludge/Waste Activated Sludge (RAS/WAS) Pump Station for Clarifier No. 4.
• Construction of a Scum Pump Station for Clarifier No. 4.
• Construction of a new Septage Receiving Station equipped with a card reader for hauler access and coordination with the City’s financial system for ease of
• Demolition of the existing Class A lime stabilization feed system, sludge storage bins, bin covers, and lime silo.
• Construction of a new Sludge Storage Facility, including sludge conveyors as necessary for sludge distribution within the facility.
• Site modifications including yard piping, roads, and sidewalks as required for new facilities.
• Pre-negotiated Instrumentation and Controls Improvements for automation of the new equipment.
The Work will be completed in all respects within 455 calendar days from the date when the Contract Times commence to run.
A mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held on Thursday, November 7, 2019, at 10:00 AM at the H. C. Morgan Water Pollution Control Facility located
at 616 Sandhill Road, Auburn, AL.
Bidding Documents are open to public inspection, free of charge, in the Bailey-Alexander Water and Sewer Complex, 1501 West Samford Avenue, Auburn,
Alabama or at Engineer’s office, Jacobs, 4121 Carmichael Road, Suite 400, Montgomery, AL, 36106. The following plan room services have received sets of Bidding
Documents for the Work contemplated: the McGraw Hill Plan Rooms in Montgomery, AL, Birmingham, AL and Marietta, GA as well as Reed Construction Data
in Norcross, GA. Electronic copies of bidding documents may be obtained upon request by email to email@example.com. It is the responsibility of the
purchaser to print hard copies of the sets. No partial sets, individual pages, or drawing sheets will be provided. Please contact Dana Raughton by email or at
334.215.9047 for more information.
Guarantee will be required with each bid in the amount of at least five percent (not to exceed $10,000) of the amount bid in the form of a certified or cashier’s check
or bid bond payable to the City of Auburn, Alabama.
All bidders are required to be compliant with the Beason-Hammon Alabama Taxpayer and Citizen Protection Act, Act No. 2011-535 (Code of Alabama (1975) § 31-13-
9) as amended May 16, 2012 regarding employment practices.
Your attention in particular is invited to the “Information for Bidders”, which is to be followed in all respects. The City of Auburn, Alabama reserves the right to
select the lowest responsible bidder as is in the best interest of the City of Auburn, Alabama, to award the purchase contract from any of the bids, to reject any and
all bids, and to waive any informalities in bids received. Bids will be good for sixty (60) days after being opened by the City of Auburn, Alabama.
October 24, 2019